I am waiting for furniture to be delivered. A couch and a chair – I am praying to the dear Lord that it fits up the stairs – I will keep you updated. My previous couch got stuck not in one but two staircases. A chainsaw was involved on the second staircase – it is why the couch never had a chance to get stuck in 3 staircases. It was a good couch to me and only me. The legs of anyone over the height of 63 inches would go numb after 5 to 10 minutes of sitting. I think my brother enjoyed sawing it into small bits and pieces. He is about 74 inches tall.
I am baking until the deliverymen show up – for their efforts they may be going home with peanut butter cookies. Only if they can get it in the doors and if it makes it up the stairs and if they don’t have a peanut allergy. There are a lot of ‘ifs‘ in that scenario. As I wait, lets chat about the goings on around the internet these days. I clipped a few articles this week that I think you will like.
– We got through another week, I’d like to give you a high-five! I gave a pickle a high-five this past week…it was almost as amazing.
– I needed a new list of of movies to watch – this list comes at a perfect time. Especially since it is snowing and Netflix binges are in the making.
– Speaking of which – ballet documentaries are amazing and this is coming from someone who has two very flat left feet. Perhaps it is a hidden longing of mine – to be a dancer. If you like the above documentary – you must watch this series. And her book is on my ever growing wish list. Have you seen the commercial she is in? Holy cow!
– Any man in your life participating in Movember? These dudes participate year round. Tom Selleck needs to step up his game.
– I insist that you listen to this podcast. Even if you aren’t a podcast listener. Download a podcast app on your phone or listen through your computer or however … You just have to listen. The story is riveting and I am looking forward to each and every week as the story continues to unfold.
– I urge you to listen to this one, too. Death. Sex. Money.
– I feel I am a bit of a hypocrite. While I toss around flour, sugar, and butter like it is my job (ha! don’t I wish) – I also 1000% agree with this idea. 1 teaspoon of sugar is about 4 grams. Read your Coke can – do the math. Scary, right? I believe the same should be done with salt. It is a bit of soapbox issue.
– I am having a total crush on Jamie and Kevin. Follow them through NYC, here. Kind of rad. And those watches...gah! Let’s go on a road trip. They make me want to drop everything and go buy a film camera and start shooting. I’d need a photography class. I need to know the in’s and out’s. I am learning this about myself. I need to know the hows and whys – the nuts and bolts.
– There has been a lot of talk about space this week – have you been following? 10 years in the making/waiting!?! I don’t have the patience for that job. The pictures transmitted back to earth look nothing like these. Breathtaking.
– I am a blonde. My brother is blond. I think.
– Lets brunch – I have never had Udon noodles – that will be changing soon.
– November 9th marked the 25th year anniversary of the Berlin Wall falling. They outlined the wall with 8,000 illuminated balloons. Another look that makes me dizzy.
-One more rant about dating…lets hit the nail on the head. Or something like that. Is this too much to want?
– 36 people. ONLY 36 PEOPLE!!!
– Have 4 minutes? This father had 15 seconds every day for 14 years! I think I would forget a lot.
– This works – so very very satisfying!! – every piece of scrap paper at work might have a circle drawn on it. Just maybe.
Have a great weekend – love you guys!!