My youngest brother is soothing his little girl by listening to Marty Robbins. He is singing along (he is quite the fan) and while it is the cutest thing I have seen in a long while and she is completely enthralled…I am wishing it was something other than Marty Robbins. Perhaps Elton or Bob. Rhinestones and rodeos are in her future.
I am spending an extra day with my parents and keeping mom company while she recovers from back surgery and so while I am showing her all the TV series she MUST watch on Netflix in the coming weeks …I am leaving you with some snippets to get ya through this Monday.
-So, Kevin Spacey kind of freaks me out and then he goes and impersonates Christopher Walken who weirds me out even more…it was a bit much on my heebie-jeebie meter. However…Kevin, dude, your impression game is damn good!
– I sparred with a tea drinker this weekend. He mocked my coffee addiction and I poked fun at his green tea habits which are not nearly as precise as George’s. I enjoy people who know what they like, how they like it, and why.
– To feed the donkey sponge cake – it is the newest snippet on the office door.
– I often dream of a time where we still wrote letters. Or even notes. I grew up in a house where there was always a notebook on the table and notes were jotted down telling a child of a chore to be done or telling a parent of where that child had scampered off to. That notebook disappeared as cellphones appeared. Some things I just miss. Texts and emails just don’t pack the same punch. NPR agrees. The best one in their series, in my opinion.
– List makers unite! I like this one – I wonder what my dad would tell me not to worry about. This one gives me a new reading list. This one is so true that it caused a knowing smile to spread upon my face.
– She has guts and amazing talent. I am on a total Ted Talk binge, as of late. It comes and goes. Sarah Kay is still one of my favorites. What is yours? The Modern Mrs. Darcy has two installments of her favs. Here and here. There are some gems here.
– So, the question becomes…every time we find disease within, should we treat it? Does it need to be treated? Will it improve the quality of our lives or just the quantity? I believe in keeping that balance weighted in the direction of quality. However, the science behind the nano pill is absolutely amazing and intriguing and intricate and unique. The impacts of this technology will reach well beyond even what we can comprehend at this point. With that in mind, I listened to this just today. The idea more simple, but the impact just as large. I think we have something, something huge if these two ideas can work hand in hand. Let’s head upstream.
– On a lighter note, WELCOME BACK 90’s!
– So, this is real and causes their teeth to become damaged. Poor things. I did, however, laugh at the video.
– Every year, these articles appear. Every year, I get pissed off. I have a soap box designated just for this topic.
– I’m in the dating ring again – ugh! – here is some good advice if you are sailing this unchartered sea, as well.
– I have a serious sarcastic side. These all ring true, especially #3 and #7 and HOLY CRAP #11. oh geez…
– A total childhood favorite…plan is to bake and devour. Result will be sugar overload and a tired jaw.
Cheers to a new week and I am off to get my mother addicted to Luke Danes.