It is …
Warm soft bun, salty all beef hotdog – season.
Cold overpriced I’ll take two to avoid lengthy lines later beer – season.
Red striped boxes chock-full of salty butter flavored popcorn – season.
Enormous plastic must collect all by season’s end souvenir cups – season.
Helmet nacho season. Enough said.
Eat my weight in roasted salted peanuts and then wonder why my fingers are swollen the following day – season.
The urge to purchase cotton candy every time the vendor wanders done my aisle – season.
It is watch, listen, breath baseball – season.
If you are new to my place here, welcome! I am so very glad you stopped by … but know…I love baseball. The game, the atmosphere, the strategy involved, the precision of the field, the crack of a bat, the hot dog races, the call of a homer, the pop of the ball inside a cather’s mit, a 4-6-3 double play, a 2 out rally, a walk off…
It makes my heart sing. My soul to dance. My very cells to shimmy.
And today friends (and by the time you read this…it will be a bit after the fact)…today is Opening Day in the great city of Cleveland. It is an unrecognized widely celebrated local holiday. Vacation days are taken, school is skipped, sick days are had. Sun, rain, snow, clouds, wind – we as, Cleveland Indian Fans, come out in hoards and celebrate the beginning of the baseball season. All of us thinking, this is our year.
I made a snack for today that would be great for any ballgame from now through October (fingers crossed!). At home, in the stadium, at a cookout. The batch here, is nearly all gone, since I ate them while watching re-runs of The Office and drinking coffee…but I will be making many more to be enjoyed while sitting on the patio, listening to Tom call a game, sipping on a cold brew.
We are talking crisp nutty pecans and oh – so sweet honey, finished with a fine layer of sugar (eek!) and coarse kosher salt.
People! It is baseball season!!! Wahoo!
4 Ingredients. Pecan halves. Honey. Sugar. Salt.
Warmed honey. Pecans coated. This is where life gets good.
All kinds of sticky going on. Guess what? I don’t like sticky. I hate sticky. I tolerate sticky.
Easy to tolerate when sticky is wrapped around pecans. Not so much when the sticky is wrapped inconspicuously around a spoon handle…ARGH!
Sticky pecans, single layer, parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake.
Bake. Sugar. Salt. Cool.
Graze while they cool. Taste testing, if you will. Quality control.
Pile into jam jars … perfect transport vessel for such a large number of my favorite things. Jam, jelly, booze, nuts…
Grab me a beer (or a cup of coffee), a handful of these honey roasted pecans, a good ballgame, and I am set. (p.s…my inner 90 year old is
jumping hobbling for joy!)
- 1 lb Whole Pecan Halves (unroasted)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Coarse Salt (Kosher)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe dish, warm honey in microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to loosen it up.
- Place pecans in a medium mixing bowl and pour warmed honey over pecans. Toss to coat pecans well.
- Pour pecans out onto prepared baking sheet, separating pecans with a fork until they are in a single layer.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir and re-spread out into an even layer. Return to oven for an additional 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes – make sure the pecans are not layered and that they are, for the most part, not sticking to each other. If need be, separate with a fork.
- After five minutes, sprinkle with sugar and salt and let cool for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once cooled, break apart any large pieces and transfer to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for several days.
6 thoughts on “Honey Roasted Pecans”
OMGEEEE hone roasted pecans???!!!! That sounds amazing…and…oh man… HONEY ROASTED PECAN BUTTER. I would die!
I love the little pecan on top cute touch! I feel like I make too many bannaa baked goods sometimes and then I realize that EVERYONE loves bannaas so they can all just deal with it
OOO, this sounds delicious. Love pecans!
Thanks! Pecans are my favorite.
I love them and most of ALL MY GRANDKIDS DO!!! THANK YOU WONDERFUL RECIPE AND EASY
Oh, I am so glad you and your family enjoy them! I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!