And here we go again. I haven’t posted much in the month of January. I blame Disney and Tim Riggins.
Ok, fine, just Tim Riggins.
I am not bragging, but I just finished the entire series of Friday Night Lights (thank you Netflix) in 1 week…and I am rounding up to 7 days, because it may have been closer to 6. 5 years of TV in a week. Yikes.
For one week, I worked, ran, and watched FNL (friday night lights). In that order. I watched fake football instead of the real games. I missed the entire Australian Open. Congrats, Djokovic. News? You mean the world was still spinning this past week? World news doesn’t really make it all the way to the make believe town of Dillon, Texas. Sorry.
I am pretty sure I went to work last Monday with a Texas drawl from my weekend binder. I said y’all at least twice. And I fell in LOVE with Connie Britton’s hair. Seriously.
And oh, did you know that 3/4th of the cast from FNL (I just acronymed a TV show…sigh) has been on Grey’s Anatomy? Coach Taylor was part of the bomb squad and was blown to smitherings. Landry had a disfigured face and ended up dying on the table, whomp whomp.. Jess had a brain tumor and Dr McDreamy saved her life. Smash is now a lowly intern. And Saracan was a soldier who opted to have his leg amputated. I am just hoping and a wishing that Tim Riggins will wander onto the set…
I was able to whip up a batch of cookies during this period of time – mainly because I promised/owed a co-worker cookies and I couldn’t procrastinate any longer – Texas football or no Texas football…cookies full of pistachios and coconut needed to be pumped out of my kitchen. Good thing I can see the TV from my kitchen 🙂
|Chocolate Pistachio Coconut Cookies|
- 2+1/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 1 Box (3.4 ounce) Pistachio Pudding (not the sugar free version)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in pistachio pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- With mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped pistachios.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet (parchment paper lined or UNgreased) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
11 thoughts on “Chocolate Pistachio Coconut Cookies”
I LOVE FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!!! It’s completely permissible to watch the entire series in 6 days because I am guilty of doing the exact same thing!! Timmy Riggins is my favorite. I’m pacing myself because I get these urges to watch the whole series again, but I figured twice in one year is a bit excessive. Plus, I shut out the world too, so it’s probably for the best that I don’t get sucked in again. Not to mention, 30 Rock is ending this year and I’ll be horribly sad. I might need FNL to pick me up. If you’re hankering for a Connie hair fix, I’d also recommend Nashville. It’s not nearly as fantastic as FNL (much more soapy), but still pretty good. I think it might improve next season. They seem to have some pacing issues with how quickly the plotlines move.
ANYWAY. ahem. These cookies! I love pistachio. I clearly need to make them. I also appreciate the coconut addition–I’m sure it makes for a lovely flavor combo!
TV shows are important, I can’t blame ya for getting lost in that world. These cookies look super unique and delicious and so so good!
Totally did likewise a year ago – just blazed through the entire thing. Good job too, else they might have lost my loyalty with that little stunt there at the start of season2.
These look so good! I made pistachio muffins yesterday!
I kind of love weeks like that. I did it with Greek (embarrassing?) a couple of years ago. Love the green batter!
It sounds like it’s a good thing the TV isn’t IN the kitchen. The cookies might not have had a chance!!
Based on your recommendation, I’m going to start watching that show. I usually don’t take chances on shows unless somebody starts raving about them. Then, I figure it’s safe to check it out 🙂